Morling College is a registered Higher Education Provider (HEP) with campuses in NSW and WA, offering biblically grounded, quality education and training. The team at Morling are a dynamic, creative and colourful group of people who seek to love God with all that we are. We invite you to experience the richness of this united, yet diverse community at Morling College.
We are seeking for an enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Library Shelver at our Heather and Noel Vose Library located in our Perth Campus. The Library Shelver is responsible for shelving library materials, shelf maintenance, performing clerical tasks and keeping the library orderly. They also provide customer service to library users. This role would suit a student librarian/technician or someone interested in libraries and their operation. Training will be provided.
To start as soon as possible, this role is casual and paid based on Educational Services (Post-Secondary) Award 2020, Casual General Staff Level 1.1 (loading to be applied as appropriate). Shifts are predominately solo shifts so while this role is part of a larger team, most of the work may be conducted alone.
About Our Library
The Heather and Noel Vose Library is located at our Perth Campus and is Western Australia’s premier Theological Library. The Library was founded as part of the Baptist Theological College of Western Australia in 1963 which has been growing and developing ever since. Dr Noel Vose, a graduate of Morling College, was foundation principal of the Baptist Theological College of Western Australia from 1963 until his retirement in 1991; he was also president of the Baptist World Alliance from 1985 to 1990. Noel's wife, Dr Heather Vose, was an academic specialising in Western Australian history and a great supporter of the college and its library. After her sudden death in 1990, the Heather and Noel Vose Library Foundation was established in her memory to provide ongoing funding for the library from interest earned on donations. BTCWA was renamed Vose Seminary from 2008 until the merger with Morling College at the beginning of 2021. The library retains the Vose name to honour both Heather and Noel.
- Please apply directly on SEEK with a cover letter briefly responding to the Key Attributes required and a recent CV
- We reserve the right to employ at any stage if a suitable candidate is identified
Essential Key Attributes
Skills, Character and Qualities
- Demonstrated Christian character and active involvement in a local evangelical church
- Alignment of personal values, beliefs and practices with the mission and Christian ethos of Morling College
- Agreement with Morling College's Community Code (with any reservations clearly stated and explained at interview)
- Willingness to embrace a culture of shared evangelical conviction and gracious, respectful disagreement on other matters
- Excellent literacy skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Responsible and able to stay ‘on task’ unsupervised
- Learns quickly
- Effective communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in Library Services
- Flexible work arrangements
- Friendly and inclusive work culture
- Free on-site parking
- Employee Assistance Program Support: Our employees are encouraged to use this free short-term, confidential counselling service if they are experiencing emotional stress, relationship problems, conflict with others or personal issues. Also includes financial coaching, nutritional support and legal referrals